PicardHealth.org Policies and Disclaimer.
- Anyone who owns, co-owns and/or has bred a Picard may add or update data.
- Breeders can submit data for their own dogs and those they have bred.
- Owners and Co-Owners can submit data only for the dogs they own.
- Anonymous submissions of data are not accepted.
- The Picard Health Foundation will not be responsible for resolving disputes amongst co-owners regarding their dogs. It will be
assumed that upon submission of data regarding co-owned dogs that it is has been discussed and agreed upon
by all owners of the dog.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the Database, all Certifications will be verified before being visible
in the Database.
- Verification will be one of the following methods:
- The information is provided in a file directly by the testing organization (eg. OFA).
- The information is publically visible on the web site of the testing organization (eg. OFA).
- The information is on a certified pedigree (eg. AKC or FCI).
- The owner, co-owner or breeder will forward to Picard Health Foundation an un-altered copy of the certificate issued by
the testing organization.
- All Health/Disease information will be classified as “Anecdotal” until the owner, co-owner or breeder
provides receipt of an un-altered copy of the official diagnosis or pathology report by a veterinarian
or other professional.
- Upon receipt of verified documentation, the classification will be changed to “Diagnosed”. This classification
system helps the users and researchers evaluate the reliability of the source.
- The Picard Health Foundation values your privacy and it is our policy not to provide lists of names and/or addresses to any
outside group or organization.
- To protect the integrity of the database, the software does record logins and submission of data by the user.
User activity within the Database is not tracked.
- The use of a search engine for personal information, will not illicit any results originating from the Picard Health Foundation Database.
- The Picard Health Foundation encourages photo submissions of individual dog.
- In the case of copyrighted photos it is the responsibility of the owner or co-owner to ensure professional
permission has been issued prior to photo submission and that appropriate professional credit has been applied.
- The Picard Health Foundation will not be responsible for providing professional photo credit or royalty fees.
- The Picard Health Foundation endeavors to offer pedigrees as complete and accurate as possible. The preference is for owners, co-owners
and/or breeders to submit copies of certified pedigrees to guarantee accuracy.
- In the case of incomplete pedigrees we will do our best to research thoroughly, through unofficial sources,
to find the missing information.
- In some cases this could result in errors. Should you discover an error, please notify via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will research the data in question and make any necessary corrections.
- The Picard Health Foundation does not endorse any specific breeder or breeding program.
- The Picard Health Foundation makes no claim that pedigree information is 100% accurate without certified pedigree submissions.
- While it is our mandate to ensure accuracy of the data provided, errors can occur. If you spot an error, please
notify us via email at email@example.com
and we will research the data in question and make any necessary corrections.